10 Signs of Rats and Mice Infestation
“YOU Will Get The Absolute BEST, MOST THOROUGH Pest Control Service You’ve Ever Seen…I GUARANTEE it…or it’s FREE!”
Johnny Gibson – Owner/President
10 Signs of rats and mice infestation
1. Tracks: Rats and mice tracks can be found anywhere where there is dust. You can find tracks on HVAC equipment in the attic or a dusty BBQ grill outside, the dust acts as a type of tracking powder.
2. Trails: Trails are usually found in the attic insulation but can be found anywhere. Trails are the ideal place for trapping and baiting of rat and mice infestations. Rats and mice have terrible vision and can’t see there nose at the end of their face. Rats and mice can develop a since of what is called “trap awareness” where the animal is leery of new items in their environment and wont approach it for several days.
3. Droppings: Droppings are by far one of the best signs of a rat/mice infestation and apart from an actual rat/mouse body is one of the best signs that you have an infestation.
4. Nests: Rats and Mice nests are made of some of the same materials, such as human made debris, cotton, twigs, plant materials. The nests can be found in-between walls, in attics, under porches, under decks, in crawl spaces or near boxed-in plumbing.
5. Urine and Urine Odors: Rats and mice urine can be found in the dark with a black light. The light shows the urine marking of the rat or mice clearly. Ammonia smells originating seemingly out of nowhere could indicate an attic infestation.
6. Gnawed Holes: Rats and mice have incisors that never stop growing. They have a perpetual need to gnaw to file there incisors down. Electrical wiring is attractive to them because of this, among other things. Rats and mice can chew through a lead pipe so getting through siding in homes is no problem at all. Exclusion or Encloser services seal up the gnawed holes so they can no longer get in.
7. Rub Marks: Rats and mice leave dirty grease marks called rub marks. This is one way we know that it’s a rat/mouse. Squirrel will not leave rub marks around holes in the house where they are getting in and out.
8. Scampering Noises: Rats are largely nocturnal meaning they are most active at night. Hearing noises in the attic at night doesn’t necessarily mean you have rat/mouse issues, but it is a good start. Squirrels are active during the day, so if your hearing noises during the day it is probably a squirrel. Keep in mind there are other wildlife that could also be present, such as Raccoons, Possums and Birds are also found in the attic, subfloors and wall voids. If you have a crawl space under your home, you can add Armadillos and Skunks to the list of wildlife you may be hearing.
9. Unusual Pet Behavior: Sometimes we can forget that our pets hear and smell what we cannot. If you see your pet trying to get into something or even smelling deeply and repeatedly for no reason in a area could indicate a rat/mice nest.
10. Fleas and Ticks: We probably get a dozen or so calls every year from a customer without pets having a flea or tick problem.
These are the 3 Most Common Rats and Mice infesting homes in North Texas!
Rats and Mice Identification Chart
Rats and Mice Control Services
The first thing that you should know about Rats and Mice control is how to identify them. Without proper identification it becomes increasingly difficult to control the infestation issue. With Rats and Mice there are many methods or types of control on an infestation, which include rat/mice baiting, rat/mice trapping, rat/mice repellants and rat/mice exclusion.
There are several types of Rodent species, but we are going to be dealing with the rodents that infest homes the most namely Rats and Mice. Other rodents that may infest a property are moles, voles’ squirrels and more. To identify the rat or mice infestation we need to know exactly what rat/mice issue we are trying to control. There are primarily 3 types of Rats and Mice that we deal with in the DFW area are Norway Rats, Roof Rats, and Field mice.
Rat and mice scat according to the National Pest Management Association, a mouse produces between 40 to 100 droppings per day, while a rat produces between 20 to 50 droppings. Rat and Mice scat is very different from each other, in fact you can easily tell the difference using the chart to the right.
- Norway Rats scat has rounded ends are usually 3/4th of an inch long and have rounded ends.
- Roof Rats scat is about ½ an inch in length and have pointed ends.
- House Mice or Field Mice scat is about a 4th of an inch and have pointed ends on them.
Common Rats and Mice Scat or Droppings
Savior Pest Control Service
Savior is taking the fear out of pest control. Our value statement is the golden rule: “Treat others the way that we would like to be treated”. Please know, all of our Pest Defense and other services are designed with the safety of our own pets, friends, families, and the technician in mind. Furthermore, Savior Termite and Pest Control use organic and green listed products for all our pest defense applications, both inside and outside the home, on every service.
Savior Termite and Pest Control offer unique Defense Programs. Each Pest Defense Program or “PDP” utilizes the most effective pest control treatment solutions, techniques, and strategies together with a major discount. No matter which of the programs that you choose, all each Pest Defense Program Service can be added to your needs.
Contact Us Today
TPCL # 13440
Get IN touch
801 Forest Ridge Dr Ste 109,
Bedford, TX 76022
Arlington Pest Control | Bedford Pest Control | Colleyville Pest Control | Euless Pest Control | Flower Mound Pest Control | Fort Worth Pest Control | Forest Hills Pest Control | Grapevine Pest Control | Haslet Pest Control | Hurst Pest Control | Keller Pest Control | Lake Worth Pest Control | Mansfield Pest Control | North Richland Hills Pest Control | Richland Hills Pest Control | Roanoke Pest Control | Saginaw Pest Control | Tarrant County Pest Control | Trophy Club Pest Control | Watauga Pest Control | Westlake Pest Control | White Settlement Pest Control