How Do I Check For Termites?
Do it yourself Termite Inspection
Note: Our trained and state certified / licensed technicians perform termite inspections whenever you think that you have them for free within the Tarrant County area. Termites do not sleep and across the country do 10 times more damage than all natural disasters combined. It is estimated that there are in the state of Texas up to 10 termite colonies per acre.
In the Dallas Fort Worth area the most prevalent species of termites is the Eastern Subterranean Termite. When you understand the biology of the Subterranean Termite, its habitat and its behaviors it can greatly help in your chances of finding this elusive pest. Eastern Subterranean Termites live underground and require two main living conditions to thrive.
Moisture: As in any source of water including condensation from pipes inside the home.
Cellulose: Any wood or wood based product contains cellulose. When wood is in direct contact with the soil and absorbs moisture the wood will then sweat out that moisture attracting termites in the area to of the wood.
Termite inspection: Some things to remember are that Eastern Subterranean Termites live underground, prefer high moisture in dark areas, and avoid exposure at all cost. Finding them can be a challenge.
Subterranean Termite Identification
Termite Mud Tubes
Eastern Subterranean Termite Inspection outside inspection areas:
- Fence lines
- Wood dog houses in direct contact with the soil.
- Wood based mulches in any landscaped areas.
- Landscaping timbers in direct contact with the soil.
- Along the foundation of the home, especially corners were moisture often gathers. Pay special attention to walls that have plumbing just inside the outside wall.
Eastern Subterranean Termite Inspection inside any structural areas:
- Around all inside plumbing areas such as sinks, tubs, showers, toilets, water heaters, washer dryer hook ups, ice makers, and toilets. Pay special attention to walls that have plumbing.
- Also check baseboards for weakening sometimes the termites will not eat through the paint until they are ready to produce a swarmer cast.
Disclaimer: Just because you do not see termites does not mean they are not there. Eastern Subterranean Termites are excellent hiders until they swarm. Therefore they could be feeding on your home without your knowledge night and day until treated.
Savior Professional Solutions LLC, Is ready and equipped to prevent, monitor and protect your home or business from current or future termite infestation. Please understand that the above information is for educational purposes only and does not replace the need for termite inspection and treatment by a state licensed and insured professional. Savior Termite and Pest Control does not bear any responsibility or liability for Termite home inspection not performed by the employees and staff of or company.