What is Compassion International?
Compassion International is a child-advocacy ministry that pairs compassionate people with those who are suffering from poverty. The ministry releases children from spiritual, economic, social, and physical poverty. The goal is for each child to become a responsible and fulfilled adult.
Compassion’s work has grown from modest beginnings in South Korea in 1952 when American evangelist Rev. Everett Swanson felt compelled to help 35 children orphaned by the Korean conflict. Today it is a worldwide ministry where millions of children are now reaping the benefits of one man’s clear, God-given vision
Here’s a Few Reasons to Sponsor a Child
Compassion Supported Children:
- Spend an average of 4,000 hours in safe, nurturing programs
- Stay in school up to 1.5 years longer than unsponsored peers
- Are up to 18% more likely to have salaried employment in their adult years
- Are up to 40% more likely to finish secondary education
- Are up to 80% more likely to graduate college
- Are up to 75% mire likely to become leaders in their communities
What does a sponsored child receive?
- Love – that unlocks the potential within their heart
- Education – to defeat illiteracy and provide critical skills
- Supplements – to protect against malnutrition
- Health Care – to fight back against disease and sickness
- Recreational Activities – to protect from crime, violence, and danger